OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
As the world continues to struggle with the unprecedented challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kraus-Anderson remains committed to safety and our core purpose of Together, Strengthening the Communities We Serve.
Here are some of the protocols we are implementing to remain safe, productive and operational while still doing our part to flatten the curve and slow the spread of this disease:
- Work from Home policy is being implemented for employees not essential to site-specific functions, with heightened cleaning and social distancing in place for on-site employees.
- Social Distancing procedures are being enforced on job sites, including but not limited to:
- Communication to all on-site workers of COVID-19 symptoms, and infection prevention practices
- Conference calls are highly encouraged for any meetings that may be needed for essential function / coordination of the jobsite.
- No group lunches
- No buffet style food – individual or box lunches only.
- No group lunch or break rooms – spread out where possible.
- Avoid close contact with fellow coworkers and tradespeople.
- Staggered multiple lunch hours to reduce large groups and promote social distancing.
- Coordinate construction activities apart from each other.
- Minimize external visitors to the jobsite.
- No jobsite tours.
- Avoid group trainings / discussions.
- No group daily huddles.
- Do not share tools.
- Do not share personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensure PPE is disposed of properly.
- Sanitize reuseable PPE and tools when shared; such as power tools, mobile lifts, pallet jacks, and face shields.
- Utilize disposable gloves where appropriate. Wash hands after removing gloves.
- Portable restrooms shall provide hand sanitizer in each unit and additional cleanings.
- Rent additional hand washing stations from the portable restroom supplier, if available.
- Coordinate with on-site facilities if possible to utilize existing washrooms for hand washing.
- All on-site workers must complete a COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire prior to beginning work and every day after until further notice.
- All on-site workers are encouraged to self-report any COVID-19 symptoms to their immediate supervisor for immediate reporting to on-site general supervision.
- Elevator use for material delivery should involve the operator and person assisting the delivery. All other workers shall use stairs / ladders to maintain social distancing. Special considerations will be made for employee use, if necessary.
- Regular disinfection of common areas in the general field office, such as tables, chairs, door knobs, computers, and phones.
In addition, we have and continue to reach out to our clients and communities to help where we can, whether by donations of PPE or other needed materials if available; labor and logistics to set up emergency facilities; and other resources as within our ability to provide.
We share your commitment to providing for the safety and wellbeing of our people, our clients and partners, and the communities we work in. We are continuing to monitor local, state and CDC guidelines to continue to protect the health and wellbeing of all, and will continue to respond accordingly as conditions change.
Thank you for your understanding as we work through these challenges together.