Fred Graves is the winner of the Kraus-Anderson Construction Company Mission/Vision Award for September 2015.
Fred is the yard manager for the Bemidji office. He was nominated by Chelsea Oldham, office manager, and Gary Francisco, project superintendent, both at the Bemidji office. The nomination reads:
“Fred Graves, Bemidji yard manager, is constantly being pulled in all directions by both our field and office personnel. In one way or another he always takes care of our needs. His commitment to KA, our team, and our clients is to be commended.
Integrity – Do the right thing…always be respectful, honest and fair
• Fred is always respectful, honest and fair with everyone with whom he interacts
• He always takes thoughtful and deliberate action. He consults others in difficult situations to provide the best solution for the people involved.
Commitment – Take ownership, work hard, and keep promises
• He takes complete ownership of every process in the yard. He, to the point of worry, consistently looks to accomplish things more efficiently, to save money, and to keep PM and job sites happy. He will go to bat for what he believes is correct.
• Fred is very committed to his job and works hard to get it all done– including repairing tools and vehicles, keeping the yard organized, hauling equipment, purchasing tools and supplies, as well as delivering them to the job sites; and doing what it takes to help the PMs keep their promises to our owners.
Teamwork – Collaborate to foster trust and success for all
• Fred is consistently going out of his way to make sure the other members of the construction team have what they need to complete tasks. He puts in long hours to accomplish this. He never says “no” to a request, just rearranges his schedule to make it happen.
• He is always there when someone needs assistance. When in trouble, call Fred! He will make sure help is on the way.
Value People – Support each other in a safe, positive environment where people are recognized and appreciated for their contributions
• He is a deeply compassionate man, who often flies under the radar. He does things for others, helping them out, forwarding them, and supporting them, without being asked or told. He just does, with no thought for a ROI for anything.
• Fred values all people and is very supportive of all members of the KA team.
Thanks for all you do Fred!”
– Chelsea Oldham and Gary Francisco
The KA Mission/Vision Awards
The KA Mission/Vision Program identifies and spotlights employee activities that embody and support KA’s core purpose,
Building Enduring Relationships and Strong Communities