KA Block Update: August 2017
Progress continues apace on the KA Block in the Elliot Park neighborhood of East Town Minneapolis. Following are highlights as reported by our team members:
KA Headquarters, reported by Project Manager Ryan Klick:
- Work station furniture is currently being installed on level 2, and will continue onto level 3 next week.
- Punch list is currently being conducted on level 3 and will continue onto level 4 next week.
- Concrete floor polishing is currently being installed on level 1 and will be complete next week.
- Flooring is currently being installed on level 5 and will move to level 1 next week.
- Millwork for level one will start to be installed next week.
- Graphic wallcovering is complete on level 2 and will move up to levels 3 and 4 next week.
- All in all we are in great shape for our October move in!
H.Q. Apartments, reported by Project Manager Chris Dokken:
- Exterior metal panel installation continues. Expect to complete east face of building (Portland side) in August
- Skip will be removed at the end of July
- Utility installation at Portland to start early September
- KA conducted first owner punch list on 7/18 on first floor. Will continue to complete floors moving up through the building
- First two models units to be ready early September
- Interior metal stud framing completed for the project
- Taping and sanding drywall on level 9
- Finish installation continues on lower floors (Level 2 – Level 8 – painting, cabinet installation, flooring, tile, etc.
- Scheduled to turn the building over late February for rentals starting March 1, 2018
Finnegans House, reported by Project Manager Ryan Klick
Steel erection is underway with topping-off planned for August.
The Elliot Park Hotel– reported by Senior Project Manager Chad Rempe
KA has received a Notice to Proceed for hotel construction June 30, 2017. Since then it’s been a full court press to get superstructure procurement underway, including but not limited to the following:
- Prepare, submit, review, approve, fabricate and deliver formwork systems
- Prepare, submit, review, approve, fabricate and deliver reinforcing steel
- Prepare, submit, review, approve, fabricate and deliver post-tensioned reinforcement
Based on current procurement progress we anticipate to begin vertical construction no later than August 14, 2017.