Mindy Cruz Receives December 2019 Core Value Award
Photos above: Mindy Cruz; and Welia Health Mora Hospital
Mindy Cruz has received the December 2019 Kraus-Anderson Core Value Award for her commitment to project success and excellence.
Photo: Mindy Cruz, right, receiving her Core Values award from Lead Project Coordinator Jillian Sidler.
Congratulations to Mindy, a Project Coordinator out of KA’s Twin Cities office. Mindy was nominated by Jessica Masterson, Project Manager, whose nomination statement is below:
“I just wanted to take a few minutes and share with you my appreciation of Mindy and the work she did at Welia Health (formerly FirstLight) Mora Hospital and Clinic in Mora, MN. Mindy was very involved and instrumental to our success on the project. Here are a few highlights/ examples of her impact:
- There were 22 separate dates of Certificate of Occupancy from the City of Mora. Mindy was instrumental in getting the punchlist out to the contractors quickly, and getting their AIA G704s out the door for execution. 33 contractors x 22 occupancies = a lot of G704s.
- There were 33 prime contractors on the project. Within 3 months from final occupancy, Mindy had received ALL close-out documentation required – AIA docs for retainage billings, as-built, warranties, O&Ms. Everything. With the exception of a few contractors who haven’t submitted their retainage bills yet, we are completely closed out.
- We had 6 separate inspections with the Minnesota Department of Health. Mindy was in charge of compiling all of the documentation required for those inspections.
- There were 411 change requests issued. Mindy was in charge of sending them out, receiving, following up, compiling, and packaging the pricing for approvals after I had reviewed them. She kept the pricing process so efficient we were getting approvals on 10 or more change requests per week often times. She also issued all contractor change orders once a month so no contracts got behind.
- Mindy owned our record documents. There were 187 ASIs and 597 RFIs that were issued on the job, and within hours of the documents being issued, the field set, the J:Drive, Submittal Exchange, and PlanGrid were current. We could always rely on our documents being current and complete.
Though her role can’t be defined completely by the numbers above, I wanted to use them as a way to illustrate to you her involvement in and importance on the job. As a team, we absolutely relied on her, and she was always on top of her responsibilities. She also showed a lot of interest in the project – she attended and was attentive at all of the project meetings, she walked the jobsite with me/us almost weekly, and after a little while we could see she was making the connections between the changes/rfis/etc. and what she was seeing put in place in the field. She was really seeing the whole picture, and that is so important and empowering.”
KRAUS-ANDERSON CORE VALUE AWARD
The KA Core Value Award is presented monthly to a KA employee. Nominated by their peers, business partners and clients, the recipient of the award is selected based on their representation and practice of KA Construction’s core values:
- Integrity: Do the right thing… always be respectful, honest and fair
- Commitment: Take ownership, work hard and keep promises
- Teamwork: Collaborate to foster trust and success for all
- Value People: Support each other is a safe, positive environment where people are recognized and appreciated for their contributions.